Data is Beautiful!
We are looking for a Data Analytics and Consumer Insights Manager/ Sr. Manager. As an expert on the application and execution of consumer/transactional data and analytics, you will lead the data maintenance function to support Cedars customer-centric business and loyalty marketing strategies. You will work directly with internal team members in Business Intelligence & Analytics, Marketing, Rewards Program and Affiliate Partner Operations. This role is also responsible for ensuring the ongoing quality and acquisition of customer purchase and behavioral data.
This position will initially be based in Vancouver, BC with an opportunity to relocate to Costa Rica within six (6) months.
- Perform diagnostic of existing purchase behavior, campaign, and contact, digital data sources for comprehensiveness, accuracy and utility.
- Build predictive/propensity models, segmentation models using a large number of variables.
- Develop, validate and produce prospects and customers list based on ‘scoring’ by deciles and quartiles.
- Identify opportunities to improve data-management capabilities across groups through data profiling and mapping data flows through business processes.
- Work with stakeholders and team members to identify data needs to develop broader data strategy in support of the current and future programs.
- Advise on the best practices and improvements. Develop ongoing reports and dashboard.
- Identify and prioritize issues across stakeholders in Analytics, Marketing, Rewards, and Affiliate Partners.
- Design, develop, test and maintain proactive data quality methods to ensure that data accuracy meets business user needs.
- Pro-actively monitor and communicate with the user community to identify needs and implement timely solutions.
- Ensure accountabilities and processes are clearly communicated and being followed.
- Act as the expert for the Analytics & Insights team.
- Conduct industry research to identify alternate sources and improvements. Identify and evaluate third-party data vendors and build business case.
- Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Math or Math.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of directly related work experience in building predictive models, managing analysis and insight delivery or data management. Minimum of 1 years of Supervisory/Management experience.
- Technical Skills - working experience with Excel, Access, SPSS/SAS, SQL, relational databases, data warehouses, data integration, analytics systems; strong analytical skills.
- Leadership – ability to collaborate & work with cross-functional teams. An ability to motivate others to action and deliver results in a very fast paced environment.
- General Skills - problem solving with an eye to future opportunities; strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate data and findings for all audiences; ability to manage and thrive in a highly entrepreneurial organization; ability to prioritize multiple stakeholder needs.
- You thrive in flat/startup hierarchies
- The prospect of joining a culturally diverse team excites you